Many organizations utilize Selenium testing internally to confirm that their Web applications really work in the browsers they’re focusing on. Browsers are not made similarly and customarily have modulation peculiarity in render and execution semantics.
Beside this, Selenium software testing can be utilized similarly as a general browser automation tool. This isn’t generally its planned reason; however is a decent reaction of it being a testing tool.
A Brief History about Selenium Testing Tool:
Selenium automated testing has a dynamic history since it came to being in 2004 when Jason Huggins, who was a ThoughtWorks software engineer at the time, chose to make a testing tool selenium for testing web applications. Before the years over, it had turned into a fiercely famous open source tool.
The mixture of Selenium and WebDriver in 2006 turned into a master web application tool called as Selenium 2.0 and is one of the main free selenium tool for testing to help developers around the globe.
While Selenium 3.0 has been discharged, it’s essentially an as good as ever form of Selenium 2.0 with a similar key reason and structure.
Although, Selenium Testing isn’t only a solitary tool however a suite of software’s, each taking into account distinctive testing needs of an association. It has four parts.
The Selenium-Integrated Development Environment is a simple to-utilize Firefox module to create Selenium test cases. It gives a Graphical User Interface to recording client activities utilizing Firefox which is utilized to learn selenium testing; however testing using selenium IDE must be utilized with Firefox browser as different browsers are not upheld.
Selenium Remote Control was the primary Selenium project that maintained for quite a while before Selenium WebDriver i.e. Selenium 2.0 appeared. Presently Selenium RC is barely being used, as WebDriver offers all the more intense highlights, however clients can in any case keep on developing scripts utilizing RC.
Selenium Grid is a tool that disseminates the tests over different physical or virtual machines with the goal that we can perform scripts in parallel at the same time. It drastically quickens the web application testing with selenium crosswise over browsers and crosswise over stages by giving us brisk and precise input.
Selenium Grid enables us to perform various occurrences of Selenium Remote Control or WebDriver tests in parallel which utilizes a similar code base, consequently the code require NOT is available on the selenium testing automation framework they execute.
Why Selenium automation testing tutorial is Popular?
Not only selenium is open source or free. However, selenium testing tutorial is utilized by many major online endeavors for testing their web interfaces including Facebook and Google. When set up, automation testing using selenium conveys an effective approach to produce test contents, approve functionality and reuse these contents in automated testing with selenium.
It isn’t an instance of having your cake and eating it too sadly. Automated testing Selenium requires a lot of specialized skill and third-party tools to end up noticeably completely practical. Moreover, selenium QA testing convenience at the GUI level can delude testers into abusing it for testing lower layers in the software stack. But, let us begin with the positive properties of testing using selenium.
- Selenium scripts are made by recording activities utilizing the web application under test running in a browser. These scripts can be spared and re-keep running whenever. Selenium tests can be made manually using web development tools like Firebug too.
- Selenium does not confine QA’s decision of revealing tools; construct frameworks or some other part of their testing structure. It coordinates well with prominent tools like Selenium-Grid, SauceLabs, QMetry, Hudson and others.
- Selenium has no forthright, out-of-pocket costs. It is a free download and support is free as well, in spite of the fact that it is community-based tool.
- Selenium tests are, on a fundamental level, ready to keep running under different browsers.
Due to its many pros, Selenium finds wide utilization for UI, regression, unit and acceptance testing. Moreover,As the fast test advancement it empowers, it is very prominent for quick-cycle improvement procedures, for example, Agile or Extreme Programming. Selenium is additionally well known with IT a staff who automates redundant, online regulatory assignments.
- Selenium does not support test and result partaking in anything other than rather a manual way.
- There is no help for running tests in parallel on a solitary PC.
- Notwithstanding its acceptance of other test script languages, it requests more elevated amount specialized aptitudes, for example, programming, from QA colleagues.
- It has no test administration offices. Test scripts are spared as simple records without characteristics. Sorting out individual scripts in any mold by means of a UI requires an outsider tool or a custom application.
- Selenium isn’t an entire, exhaustive answer for completely automating the testing of web applications. It requires outsider systems, language ties etc to be really powerful.
- Selenium has specialized issues with browsers other than Firefox. Moreover, it doesn’t bolster conditionals, circles and experiences difficulty discovering locators without the assistance of extra devices, for example, Firebug.
- Since local “Selenese” test scripts are not easy to use regarding comprehensibility, they are hard to adjust. Numerous testers just fall back on disposing of the first scripts and recording them once more, which can be tedious.
A last disadvantage to Selenium, which has nothing to do with Selenium itself, is that it empowers over-dependence by testers for testing software layers underneath the GUI, since test contents rush to deliver. Nonetheless, such a reversal of the customary testing pyramid, particularly in end-to-end automated testing situations has genuine effectiveness and test maintenance issues.
We, at TestOrigen provides automation testing using Selenium testing tool for the better development of your software product and gives you 100% high quality product as we understand that the Selenium is more profitable than QTP as far as expenses and adaptability. It as well enables you to run tests in parallel, dissimilar to in QTP where you are just permitted to run tests consecutively.