Now-a-days more and more web applications are developed daily. Furthermore, with each line of code being composed, the potential for bugs rises. Thus this well prepared guide of eight testing steps for web application helps you in understanding of automated web application testing procedure briefly.
In general, the expense of detecting bugs increasing exponentially.
Also, an examination by the University of Cambridge found that product bugs cause monetary harm of approx $312 billion every year around the world.
These numbers reflects the significance of discovering bugs as ahead of schedule as could reasonably be expected and to completely test an application before it is launched.
That is the place web based application testing comes in. Web application testing for the most part comprises of different testing steps for Web Application testing that guarantee an application’s functionality runs safely and smoothly. The fundamental guide of steps by step Web Application testing helps in improvement, which guarantees an application is running appropriately before its launch.
Given below testing steps for web application testing should give you a review of what sort of tests need to run for web application testing.
Step One: Method and Reporting
- Examine the testing needs and understand the Web application that you are going to test in depth.
- Integrate that everybody on your testing team knows his or her part to characterize the testing procedure.
- Planning of Testing Strategies and Test Plan.
- How and where to report about issues?
- How to assign and classify issues?
- Who requires what report and when do they require it?
- Get ready with good test cases for beginning testing process.
- Create adequate test information before tests,
- Prepare the data set incorporates the test suite conditions
- And furthermore the database records if tester will test the DB related application.
- Execute repeated tests with various test condition.
Step Two: Set-up the Test Condition
- Set-up a test condition that is not quite the same as advancement and production condition.
- It contains distinctive database server, application server, and web server if fitting.
- Testers might possibly be competent to utilize existing PCs to setup a gap test condition.
- The test condition should be copy of generation condition if conceivable.
Create a reasonable characterized process for moving code to and from your test condition and ensure the system is followed.
Step Three: Functional testing
Functional Testing is the kind of testing done against the business prerequisites of app. It works on the individual function of the Web application to ensure that the individual function is working properly.
Generally, Functional testing incorporates:
- The recognizable proof of functions that app should do
- Testing of data input and entry
- The execution of the test suites properly.
- An examination of the real outcomes
During the execution of Functional testing, real system usage is assumed. The thought is to come as close as conceivable to genuine system utilization and make test conditions that are interconnected with client necessities.
Step Four: Usability Testing
Usability goes above functionality testing and consolidates testing for usefulness and additionally overall user experience. Usability testing should not be merging with User Acceptance Testing.
Usability testing includes the accompanying steps:
- Build up a testing plan that guarantees all elements of your application will be inspected. These incorporate route and substance.
- Select test members, either inside or remotely.
- Run the test under the perception of specialists.
- Investigate the outcomes and enhance your application appropriately.
Step Five: Interface testing
Interface testing is a standout amongst the most essential tests in guaranteeing the quality of web apps.
- Interface is the software that comprises of sets of messages, charges, pictures, and different highlights that permit communication between a user and a device.
- This testing technique guarantees that individual segments are connected effectively.
- Interface testing assumes a crucial part for your applications that are created to take a shot at different stages.
- It is most regularly utilized as a part of testing the UI of GUI applications.
Step Six: Security Testing
Web application security testing ensures that your application is secured against unapproved defects and unsafe activities through bugs or different malicious attacks.
Security testing is performed by using security testing tools for web application includes the accompanying activities:
- Test whether secure pages can be gotten to without approval
- Verify that open session are shut in the wake of progressing client inactivity
- Confirm the application’s SSL
- Ensure that limited records can’t be downloaded without appropriate approval.
Such checklists should incorporate of undertakings in the accompanying zones:
- Secure Transmission
- Session Management
- Information Validation
- Refusal of Service
- Particular Functionality Tests
- Error Handling
Step Seven: User acceptance testing
The point of user acceptance testing is to guarantee that an application accumulates the possibilities of the client, guarantees that the application is much adequate to be conveyed and utilized effectively. Mainly User acceptance testing are two types i.e. Alpha and Beta
A few points to remember for user acceptance testing:
- Check for time outs and field widths.
- Make sure that right control is utilized to bolster information. For instance, while asking for gender data, utilize a choice button.
- Confirm that compulsory fields are given information in frames.
- Confirm browser compatibility.
Step Eight: Performance testing
Web application performance testing does the execution under different situations. Performance testing comprises of Stress testing, Scalability testing, and Load testing
- Web Stress testing: Find out the most extreme execution breaking points of an application.
- Web Scalability testing: Find out how adaptable the application is to changes in programming and equipment.
- Web Load testing: Check the conduct of an application under substantial load and furthermore indicate insights about memory utilization, CPU use, etc.
These Eight testing steps for web application prepared by TestOrigen’s Experts help you in understanding the Web Application Testing procedure easily. Our Team of testers also provides the software testing in various domains using latest web application testing tools that ensures your app run smoothly.