The automation software can as well enter test information into the System under Test, analyze expected and actual outcomes and create point by point test reports.
Testing and Automation requests significant investments of resources and money.
Progressive advancement cycles will require same suite of test case execution process over and again.
Utilizing best automation testing tool it’s conceivable to record the same test suite and re-play it as needed.
Once the test suite is automated, no human intercession is required.
Let’s have a speedy look at this automation testing tutorial and see what really happens when a TestCase is executed, both concerning individual TestSteps, the TestCase log and activated occasions, as this will give you a good understanding of how to fabricate TestCases so they keep running as you need them to.
Beginning up the test case execution:
When beginning a TestCase the accompanying steps are made internally:
- A setting for the execution of the TestCase is run. This is passed to all scripts, property-developments, and so on that will happen amidst the execution of the TestCase enabling you to share information, resources and so on between them. For instance, SoapUI utilizes this inside to store a HttpState question in the setting when the “Keep up HTTP Session” alternative has been chosen in the TestCase Options dialog box.
- The planned script of the TestCase is executed.
- If a most extreme execution time has been determined in the TestCase options dialog, a comparing times is begun that will end the TestCase in any case it has not completed in the designed time.
- A beforeRun occasion is activated to all material TestRunListeners.
- Any WS-RM or AMF related session or exchange loading is executed as designed under the comparing tabs in the TestCase Options dialog.
Both 2 and 4 above have the likelihood of ending the TestCase if any outside conditions are not met by calling testRunner.cancel or testRunner.fail.
When running from the UI, a section denoting the start of TestCase will be composed to the test case execution log:
Execution of TestSteps:
Now, The TestCase is all prepared to go! Therefore the real well ordered test execution process flow of your TestCase happens beginning with the first empowered TestStep. For each TestStep the steps happen:
- The beforeTestStep event is activated to all relevant TestRunListeners
- The TestStep itself is run and its TestStepResult is added to the testRunner.results collection
(i) In any case the TestStep itself executes different TestSteps, these are recursively executed as portrayed here
- The afterTestStep event is activated to all material TestRunListeners
- If running in the UI, the comparing log is refreshed with the TestStepResult spared in (2);
Completing the Test Case Execution:
When test execution phase passes the last TestStep the TestCase is done and the accompanying events are activated:
All TestSteps are automatically “completed”, which enables them to close any resources, compose results to records, and so forth.
The TearDown script of the TestCase is called, for instance for scrubbing up any resources or doing last approvals.
The TestRunListener.afterRun event is activated for appropriate audience members
The Status of the TestCase will be set to FAILED if any of the accompanying conditions is met:
The TestCase was prematurely ended because of an internal defect
The TestCase was also prematurely ended on account of a failed TestStep or if there were failed TestCase on Error” option in the TestCase Options dialog is chosen
If a script in any of the activated events, contents or handlers expressly failed the TestCase with testRunner.fail
The Run Log once more time refects the last condition of the test case execution.
Which Test Cases to Automate?
The Test cases that are automated can be chosen utilizing the accompanying basis to build the automation ROI:
- High Risk – Business Critical test cases
- Test cases that are executed more than once
- Test cases those are exceptionally repetitive or hard to execute manually
- Test cases which are tedious
Advantages of Automation Testing
Following are some of benefits of automation testing:
- Human Intervention isn’t required while test case execution
- Builds Efficiency
- 70% speedier than the manual testing
- More extensive test scope of application highlights
- Dependable in outcomes
- More cycle of test case execution can be accomplished through automation testing techniques
- Early time to advertise
- Better speed in executing tests
- Re-usable test script
- Guarantee Consistency
- Spares Time and Cost
- Enhances precision
- Test frequently and completely
Right choice of mobile automation testing tools, automation testing services and team are essential players for automation to be effective. Both Automation and Manual testing techniques go as an inseparable unit for effective testing.
We at TestOrigen provides both services using latest automation testing tools for executing mobile automation testing or web automation and so forth.