LoadRunner: HP Performance Testing Tools.
Performance testing done for website load test is something that formerly executed most of the time with software tool installed on local machines like HP’s LoadRunner, presumably the most familiar tool in the realm of performance testing.
- For a long time HP was the main genuine competitor in the performance testing automation framework, and they could charge an unreasonable price in the name of licensing fees since at the time there were not numerous suitable options. HP still demands an extremely high cost for LoadRunner testing tool.
- Other than the cost of LoadRunner tool is very high and running large scale performance tests with LoadRunner testing process is not a simple task. Basically, you need to make your own particular performance testing lab, including a satisfactory number of virtual client permit buys.
- Beside from suitable facility planning, LoadRunner HP has an extremely old school way to deal with development load test website, requiring advance coordination to secure performance testing time slots.
- While this approach may appear to be obsolete, it has worked fine for HP earlier, and many organizations keep on doing this today.
Besides, Loadrunner utilizes a Windows based IDE, restricted to modern solutions which are either cross platform or browser based.
JMeter – Advanced Open Source Option
JMeter is an advanced tool among the open source performance testing tools that is same as LoadRunner in terms of technical capabilities. It mainly runs simulated, that means virtual users make the same requests that a real browser would make.
- Due to the high cost of LoadRunner performance testing, the JMeter performance testing tool came into existence also known as apache load testing tool, and has been quite active over the past few years.
- JMeter testing tool is an application written in java and is very much popular among java performance testing tools, which means load testing using jmeter can run on any machine such as Linux, Windows or Mac.
- JMeter load testing tool is graphical user interface based that means new elements can be added using GUI tool such as http requests. Whereas the interface might be appear a bit irresistible at first. Mostly 4 to 5 elements in Jmeter are used, however the numerous features of jmeter performance testing framework would be a great experience.
- One of the best things about jmeter automation framework is that it supports a plug-in architecture where functionalities can simply be added by scripting a Java plug-in. Another area of expertise where performance testing using jmeter differs from performance test framework for loadrunner is in terms of defining various load conditions used for synchronized users, opposed to defining load in terms requests per second.
JMeter is perfect for a solitary engineer that run load testing with jmeter for several hundred or even a thousand simultaneous clients on a site which makes JMeter an extraordinary answer for small development software test process.
TestOrigen is a leading software testing company whose software testing tools list both the LoadRunner and Jmeter automation testing tools for providing the finest automated software testing services to their clients across the world.
Our Quick Test Professional perform various mobile app performance testing using jmeter and performance testing loadrunner procedures using automated software testing techniques for better results and outcomes that allow customers to run performance tests without dropping the advantages of installing software locally.