Automated testing is executed by utilizing automation testing tools, which can playback predefined activities and pre-recorded scripts to contrast the outcomes with the normal outcome to report pass or fail.
Once automated tests are made they can be utilized to retest the application once more. This is the reason why testing automation is required? And QTP testing tool is one of the automation tool that automates the testing procedures.
What is QTP software testing tool?
QTP stands for QuickTest Professional, an hp QTP testing tool encourages testers to execute an automated functional testing flawlessly, without checking, once content improvement is finished.
QTP testing tool utilizes Visual Basic Scripting for automating the applications. The Scripting Engine is not need to be installed solely, as it is accessible as a piece of the Windows OS.
How to use QTP testing tool?
The given below automation testing tool QTP tutorial assists you how to execute the fundamental settings that should be done in QTP before recording test scripts:
Step 1: Open a blank QTP script with suitable Add-ins.
Step 2: Navigate to Automation->Record and Run settings.
Step 3: Under Web tab choose the First radio button which states “Record and run test on any open program”.
Step 4: Tap on Window Applications tab and select the First Radio button which states “Record and run test on any open Windows-based application”.
Step 5: Tap on Apply button and afterward tap on OK button.
Step 6: Navigate to File->Settings.
Step 7: Select Run on left side window.
Step 8: Under Data Table cycles select the principal radio button which states “Run one iteration only “.
Step 9: Enter ’60’ in Object synchronization timeout field.
Step 10: Choose both the check boxes which states “Disable Smart Identification amid the run session” and “Save picture of desktop when issue happens”.
Step 11: Tap on Apply button and after that tap on OK button.
QTP testing tool Utilization Explained:
QTP functional testing tool is most appropriate for regression testing of the applications. QTP is an authorized/business tool possessed by HP, which is a standout amongst the most well known tools accessible in the market. QTP software testing tool looks at the genuine and the normal outcome and reports the outcomes in the execution rundown.
Benefits of QTP:
- It has fantastic object identification process or system.
- It supports diverse add-ins such as NET, Web Forms, Oracle, Java, SAP, People soft, and so forth.
- It enables you to upgrade the current tests even without the AUT through a dynamic screen.
- Distinctive sorts of suites like Sanity, Smoke, Regression can be effectively maintained.
- It also supports XML.
- Test detailing is conceivable by using QTP for investigation reason.
- Simple to keep up.
- It provides famous automation frameworks such as data driven testing approach, modular testing approach, keyword driven testing approach etc.
- It provides record and playback.
- It accompanies an inbuilt IDE.
- It can be incorporated with Test administration devices such as Test Director, Winrunner and Quality Center.
This Easy QTP testing tool tutorial helps you understanding how TestOrigen perform you functional testing using QTP. It is just a basic tutorial of QTP testing tool but we can help you with your difficult bugs and defects detection that are become headache to your organization.